Staff Reporter | Update: 2020-03-26 02:22:20
Rangunia fire in Chittagong
The fire broke out at Ranihathat Thachachari New Para Colony of Rajanagar Union, North Rangunia, at around 4pm on Wednesday (25th March). The victims claimed to have lost about Rs 8-10 lakh in cash.
The families and locals of the victims said that the fire started from the short circuit of the house at Muhammad Shamsul Alam (9) of ward no. 1 of Rajanagar in the upazila at around 8pm on Wednesday(55) Ismail Hossain (25) and Md Ishaq (42) were burnt. According to the victims, about 8-10 lakh rupees were damaged including valuables and papers of the house.
Immediately upon receiving the news of the fire, a fire service unit from the nearby Rowan area arrived and brought the fire under control. At present, the affected family members are living poor lives under the open sky, losing support.
Rouzan Fire Service Station Officer Saiful Islam said the fire started from a short circuit of electricity. The fire burned five settlements. The fire service arrived and brought the fire under control. It is estimated that there will be a loss of Tk 8-10 lakh each.
Meanwhile, Rajanagar UP Chairman and Upazila Awami League Deputy Secretary Eng: Shamsul Alam and Kamal Uddin Chowdhury flee Chittagong to inquire about the fire and the families. He visited the affected area in the fire and spoke to the members of the helpless family. He later assured financial support from his personal and union council funds.
During this time, he called on all kind and affected families to be patient to assist victims of the fire.
© Copyright Our Chattogram
Developed By Our Chattogram