Rangamati town shops were on fire

 Staff Reporter   |   Update: 2020-03-19 12:54:48

Rangamati town shops were on fire

Ragamati City College Gate area has been burned in the fiery fire half a hundred shops. The blaze broke out around 3:30 pm on Wednesday (18th March ).

Eyewitnesses said the fire originated from the stove of a hotel named Panahar in College Gate area. It is believed that a gas cylinder stored in the hotel and grocery stores in Panahar and its surrounding neighborhood caught fire, spreading rapidly around it.

Local youth Saimuddin said, “We hear a strange noise. Then I came out and saw the fire burning. '

He said, "The gas cylinders are stored in the tea shops and grocery stores here. Later, the cylinder exploded and the fire quickly spread. '

A store called 'Happy Store' was damaged in the blaze. Deccan owner Harunur Rashid said, "I left everything in the night. All of a sudden, the shop caught fire. Come see it all. Couldn't find anything. I have lost about seven lakh taka.

Rangamati Fire Service and Civil Defense Deputy Director Ratan Kanti Nath said the flames spread quickly due to gas cylinders in the shops. All three of our units were able to extinguish the fire for about two hours.

Immediately visiting the spot, the chief executive officer of the Sadar Upazila Fatema Tujh Zohra Anima. He said, "The fire started at 3:30 am. "The fire spread quickly and more damage was caused by all the raw material shops here," he said.