Election Commission's meeting with the mayor's candidates was postponed

 Staff Reporter   |   Update: 2020-03-19 13:41:47

Election Commission's meeting with the mayor's candidates was postponed

As a precaution after the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic around the world, the pre-scheduled meeting of Election Commissioner Mahbub Talukder with the mayoral candidates in the Chittagong City Corporation (CCC) election has been postponed.

Returning officer of this election. Hasanuzzaman said, "We do not want to do anything that is going to a mass meeting. So the meeting was adjourned. He (Mahbub Talukder) had breakfast with the assistant returning officers at the circuit house in the morning. Talked to everyone there. Now going back to Dhaka. '

The meeting was scheduled to be held at Chittagong Shilpakala Academy Auditorium on Thursday (29th March) at 10:30 am. Bdnews24.com

One person has died in Bangladesh due to this disease called Covid-19. The number of victims has reached ten. There are 78 quarantine suspects in contact with the victims. Also, 6 thousand 315 people have been asked to stay in the quarantine.

In such a situation, there is a lot of discussion on social media on whether the CCC is going to be held on 29th March. The decision could be reached at a meeting of the Election Commission in Dhaka on Thursday afternoon. Meanwhile, the important meeting with the Chittagong vote was postponed.

Meanwhile, the government's health department has directed the meeting not to take rally as a precautionary measure to curb new coronary infections Chittagong Civil Surgeon has called for the procession rally or mass gathering to be done.

In the CCC elections held on 29th March, seven mayoral candidates, 161councilor candidates and 56 reserved women councilors are campaigning for them.

In the meantime, various discussions on the postponement of the CCC election were started on Wednesday through social media.

Asking about the returning officer. Hasanuzzaman said, "After 3 pm, the commission will have a meeting with the CEC in Dhaka. We will follow the decision that will be taken in the meeting.